22.12.11

Dexter's season 6 finale


SPOILER ALERT!!!!


End of this season and I wanted to share my opinion about the finale, as a great fan of Dexter!!!


What I liked:  

  1. The fact that he picked the lion uniform for him and his son. 
  2. Hearing Dexter saying ”Oh God”
  3. Travis dying
  4. Destroying his own image as the Beast, which Travis drew

What I didn’t like:

  1. The way Dexter was saved by a boat in the middle of the sea. Ok miracles happen, but first we see him escape like Houdini, been tight up in a boat, and then being saved from a boat carrying illegal immigrants? Ok there’s too much luck here…
  2. The fact that he didn’t protect his son. I think it is pretty obvious, if a psychopath who tried to kill you and calls you The Devil or false prophet, finds your house keys, your id, your phone and pretty much everything that reveals your identity he will come after your family. Pretty stupid behavior, especially when your wife was murdered by a serial killer as well.
  3. In the last scene where Debra opened the door, Dexter didn’t hear the noise, very amateur behavior! Not to mention that he could have it locked somehow…
  4. Deb wanting to f*** her own brother!!! Enough said…
  5. Travis having a sword and not a gun as well. Common, get a gun u idiot, haven’t you been told you live in USA?
  6. Travis leaving clues behind him, like the paper with the skyscraper
I will be honest, I expected much more from this season. We saw Dexter transforming from an elegant, stealth killer, to the butcher of your neighbor! Not to mention that I didn’t see his character evolve at all (except from the minor fact that he loves his son even more) in comparison to all other seasons. Despite all my negativity, I still believe this season was brilliant, even if Dexter wasn’t at his best, hope to see more in the next two seasons though!

Rating 7/10

0 comments: