21.2.12

Vanity: How it destroys people's lives


I remember discussing with a girl about life. Inevitably the discussion came to the point of shopping and how much did she like it. My response at the time was do you really need so many clothes and she answered I don't really need them but it is a nice feeling seeing others stare or congratulate me when I wear an new one. I didn't want to continue discussing that matter when she also complained that she didn't get enough money monthly to sustain herself. Let's say that the rest of the discussion didn't go well.


The thing is 90% of the people ,rough estimation didn't get it from anywhere, fall into the trap of vanity. They think that by buying more things they don't actually need they are going to be happy or more significant. Well they are wrong. They may get some instant moments of satisfaction when the others drool over their purchase and then.. nothing. Nothing at all. That moment is gone and they are left with an overpriced piece of chunk. Then they try to get that feeling of excitement again and again wasting resources that would improve their lives significantly to items they may use one time or never.

I am not against buying a quality item you really need in order to have it for a long time.I am against buying something which doesn't provide you anything significant just to be cool. The weird thing is that it is easy to avoid this. You just have to ask yourself do I really need this. If the answer is no or there is a single sign of doubt you will know what to do.

0 comments: