23.2.12

Two months under snow without food.


Last week I wrote about how people don't really know what they are capable of unless they find themselves under extreme situations. Furthermore I mentioned that when those situations are not your choice but are forced on you surviving them gives you the title of truly hardcore. Three days ago I saw this article and I think that it fits perfectly to the essence of the post I wrote.


The article for those who are bored to click and read the link is about a man who was alive in his car for two months after being snowed into it with no food. Someone may say that this is impossible but it happened. The doctors that examined him came with the theory that he developed a hibernating state and that's why he survived for so long. This incident is another sign that the human body and mind is capable of doing extraordinary things provided the circumstances.

Now you may wonder okay he did that but what does this have to do with me and my normal every day life? My comment on this question would be that probably he didn't know that he was capable of surviving that situation. So most likely you don't know what your limits are unless something happens that will challenge them. In short you may underestimating yourself greatly when you say no way I can do that. Something later in your life may prove you wrong.

0 comments: