4.2.12

Anonymous strike in Greece

Before we start I would like to say that I used to be a hacker but then I took an arrow in the knee… Today we had an act of support from Anonymous to the Greek people, by hacking Ministry of Justice web page and uploading the following video and text. As a Greek citizen I have to say that I feel very good when people show a small act of support but in this case I will save my gratitude for another time…


And the text:



First of all for those who don’t have a clue about Greek public sector, our online services suck big time. Two simple examples are the parliament’s web site which cost about one million euro (!!!!) went down a few weeks ago because many people logged in at the same time and TAXIS which is our tax office database, many times is down as well. So as you can see we have easy targets which many times don’t need any effort to become useless, so their hacks were against a very easy target.

Something that really annoyed me was the fact that Anonymous hacked the ministries’ page because of ACTA!! Come on guys! Things in Greece are worst than bad and you want them to stop ACTA? If they act so you will be satisfied and stop the war against them or you just prioritize ACTA as you first concern and tyranny imposed as your second? Tell us just to know… 

In your video indeed you say many truths like we created democracy and we killed her right here. Of course it has been killed several times in the globe but was killed here once more. Indeed we joined IMF without asking people’s opinion and indeed my generation is doomed to poverty and no future. Of course people cannot protest because of the police violence and the theatrical violence between the so called “anarchists” and the police.  In the video your points are valid, but why in the text you prioritize ACTA I really cannot understand.

If Anonymous act in two weeks I will expect a lot more from them than just hacking media sites, like: hacking all sites of parliament members including parliaments own site, hack Teiresias site which has blacklisted so many Greeks for small debts, every Bank site. This would bring a good chaos but I don’t want to foresee the future, we will know more about their action in two weeks time.

0 comments: