30.1.12

Underworld: Awakening

The plot: The movie starts with a description of what happened on the first two films ,the third was a prequel so it does not  count, which in a few words was the war between Vampires and Lycans(werewolves) and the actions of the vampire Selene during that war.Then we see that things changed because humans found about the existence of these two species(?) and there is a shift from hunted to hunters leading to an attempt to exterminate them.During this extermination called the Purge,which is very graphically presented by the movie, Selene is getting caught,frozen and she wakes up twelve years later in a different world which has a lot of surprises for her.

The review: I went to the movie expecting to see lots of slow motions,violence,explosions and of course Kate Beckinsale in leather.The movie delivered all of those in large amounts as happened in the first two movies on the series.The problem is that compared to the first two the plot is in reality      nonexistent.The second and third film of the series expanded the myth but here we just see something like  the humans led the two species to extinction  get two plot twists,totally expected by someone with half a brain, and that's all.So it is like going to an amusement park.You see the show but you don't feel involved in what happens.Anyway I wasn't expecting much more on that area  so I cant say that I was dissapointed by that.I was  expecting a bit more from the 3D though but I got the usual look something is going towards the screen.It wasn't bad in the sense of not even noticing but I just wanted more.

The verdict: So the movie was close to my expectations.Not a masterpiece of cinema art but at least it delivered what I expected from it and that was action and not boredom.For me that is enough to give it a thumbs up

0 comments: