27.1.12

Simple tips to lose fat Pt. 1

First of all I would like to clarify that the following tips are from personal experience only. If you need to start a diet I strongly advise you to talk to an expert.

Now, one year ago I was around 97kg when my average weight was about 89-90 kg (I am 1.90 meters tall). What had happened? I started weight lifting and on the same time listening to the so called bodybuilding experts, suggesting that you should eat 5 meals a day with a calorie progression each week. Of course it took time to understand that what they were implying were not for guys like me who just wanted to stay fit and have an increase in strength and a bit extra muscle. Before I stopped doing the bodybuilding diet I was consuming around 4500-5500 calories each day every week every month for four months. It was obvious that if I continued this way soon I would need to borrow a wonder bra from my girlfriend!


ok I got fat but not that much!

Now why this diet didn’t suit for me? First of all as I said I didn’t work out competively but only 3 times a week. My program was created with the help of Tivadar and included:  Bench press 60kg with an Olympic bar (20 kg), dead lifts around 75kg and squat 65kg. If I had any strength and time left in my 45 minute routine I would do some biceps and pull-ups.


Now what I did to counter the bodybuilding diet results:


1)    Went back to eating two meals a day, one big in the afternoon and one smaller in the night. Also one glass of milk for breakfast and in between the two meals if I was hungry.

2)    Continued exercising and specific walking no matter the cold. I used to walk five to six times a week for at least an hour with a fast pace. I would cover about 6-8 km every hour.

3)    I didn’t eat fruits and if I wanted to I made an exception for an apple between meals.

4)    When I woke up and 30 minutes before I drink my milk, I drunk natural lemon juice. Took a lemon, squeeze it in a glass and added water.

5)    Cut carbohydrates. I haven’t eaten pasta for one and a half years now, during the diet I tried to eat chocolate max one time a week and also no bread and rice. The only exception was to eat rice with pulses.

6)    Ate salad with every meal and especially carrots and peppers.

7)    Didn’t drink alcohol except some wine 1-2 times a week

8)    Wasn’t afraid to eat meat

9)  Ate about 2000-2800 calories every day

It took me about 2 months to lose those 7 kg and if I was more serious about it, I would have the same results in 1.5 month!

Now why did I follow these steps, I will have to explain the reason tomorrow!


0 comments: